Sunday, January 1, 2012

Adventures in Historical Food!

Welcome to my adventures in cooking. I'm Tracy, and I'm a historical foodie. I own over 300 cookbooks, which have recipes spanning from the Roman Empire to modern day. Many of them focus on Colonial America, the medieval era, and the Renaissance.

I've been interested in historical recipes for a long time. In 2007, I started cooking historical recipes with a historical society that uses re-enactments as a way to engage the public. I've volunteered at jousts, Renaissance faires, and school events, using food and recipes as my teaching window to the past.

This blog is for food adventures: trying new recipes, new techniques, new tools, and new books. I hope you have as much fun reading about it as I do creating it!

Disclaimer:  I have no sponsors nor do I receive income of any sort related to this blog.  It is just for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment